The following is a list of guidelines that should be followed by the singer in order to prepare them for the audition. Please read all and visit our FAQ page or call us at (386)438-5912 if you have any further questions.
- Singers should Pre-register for auditions. You will be contacted with a specific time for your audition.
- Prepare ahead of time:
- Here is a list of suggested songs to perform at the audition. If you do not have a song prepared, the directors will select appropriate material.
- Warm up your voice before arriving, It is important for your voice to be warmed up and ready to go so you can be at your best during the audition.
- Parents please encourage your child through the nervousness. It is completely natural for your child to be nervous when putting themselves in a position to be judged and critiqued.
- Arrive early for your appointment time and be ready to sing!
- Parents and guests may wait in our waiting room while the singer is auditioning.
- The audition is not very long, it will take approximately 10 minutes. Candidates will be given a simple series of notes to hum and sing with the directors and will sing a simple song.
- Students and parents will receive information about the results within 4 days of the audition.
- Most importantly, HAVE FUN!