Challenge: Practice your instrument 100 days in a row (consecutively, with no breaks).
Reward: Become much better at playing your instrument. Receive prizes on days 10, 25, 50, 75, & 100. Get invited to an exciting party with food, games & FUN galore!!!
Instructions: Practice your instrument every single day for 100 days in a row (consecutively, with no breaks). Write down your practice days & times on the practice calendar. Have your parent sign off on your practice days & times. Bring your practice calendar to each lesson. Don’t miss a day! If you miss one single day you are out!!! Aim for at least 15 minutes per day but
5 minutes of practice is still practice!
What counts as “practice”?
· Physically playing the instrument or singing on any exercise or song, including (but not limited to) the assigned material (assigned material should always be practiced first).
· Flash cards.
· Theory work.
· Notespeller work.
· Performing in front of friends, family, or anyone else.
· Phone Apps that count only on days when playing the instrument is IMPOSSIBLE: please visit our apps page here.
What does NOT count as “practice”?
· “Tinkering” on your instrument or humming a song.
· Looking at your books but not playing or singing anything.
· Thinking about playing or singing, but not actually doing it.
· Coming up with excuses for why you couldn’t practice.
· Playing a video game that uses pretend musical instruments.
Start Date: Tue, September 5th
End: Wed, December 13th
Party Date: TBA (January 2018)